If you’re a mom looking for a flexible work-from-home job, you might have come across HireMyMom.com. This website claims to connect moms with legitimate remote jobs that suit their skills and schedule. Sounds too good to be true, right?
Well, before you sign up and pay the membership fee, you might want to read this post. I’m going to tell you everything you need to know about HireMyMom.com, including:
- What is HireMyMom.com and how does it work?
- What are the pros and cons of using HireMyMom.com?
- What are the reviews and complaints from real users?
- Is HireMyMom.com legit or scam?
- What are some alternatives to HireMyMom.com?
By the end of this post, you’ll be able to decide if HireMyMom.com is worth your time and money. Let’s get started!
What is HireMyMom.com and how does it work?
HireMyMom.com is a website that connects moms with remote jobs. It was founded in 2007 by Lesley Pyle, a mom and entrepreneur who wanted to help other moms find work-life balance. HireMyMom.com is not a job board, but a membership site that curates and verifies remote jobs from various sources.
To use HireMyMom.com, you need to sign up and pay a quarterly or yearly membership fee. The fee is $29.95 per quarter or $99 per year. Once you become a member, you can access the job listings, apply for jobs, and communicate with employers. You can also create a profile, upload your resume, and get email alerts for new jobs.
HireMyMom.com claims to have over 10,000 members and hundreds of job postings every month. The jobs are in various categories, such as:
- Administrative / Virtual Assistant
- Bookkeeping / Accounting
- Customer Service
- Graphic Design
- Marketing / Social Media
- Project Management
- Writing / Editing
- And more
The jobs are mostly part-time, contract, or freelance, and the pay rates vary depending on the job and the employer. HireMyMom.com does not take any commission or fee from the pay rates, so you get to keep 100% of your earnings.
What are the pros and cons of using HireMyMom.com?
Like any website, HireMyMom.com has its advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the pros and cons of using HireMyMom.com, based on my research and experience.
- Flexible and convenient. HireMyMom.com allows you to work from home, set your own hours, and choose the jobs that match your skills and interests. You can also work as much or as little as you want, depending on your availability and goals.
- Quality and variety. HireMyMom.com offers a wide range of remote jobs in different fields and industries. The jobs are vetted and verified by the HireMyMom.com team, so you don’t have to worry about scams or low-quality gigs. You can also find jobs that are exclusive to HireMyMom.com members, giving you an edge over other applicants.
- Support and community. HireMyMom.com provides support and resources to help you succeed as a remote worker. You can access tips, training, and coaching from experts and mentors. You can also join the HireMyMom.com Facebook group, where you can network, share, and learn from other moms who are working from home.
- Membership fee. HireMyMom.com charges a membership fee to access the job listings and other features. The fee is $29.95 per quarter or $99 per year, which might be too expensive for some moms, especially if they are just starting out or have a tight budget. There is no free trial or refund policy, so you have to commit to the membership before you can see the jobs.
- Competition and availability. HireMyMom.com has a lot of members, which means a lot of competition for the jobs. Some jobs might have hundreds of applicants, making it hard to stand out and get hired. Some jobs might also have limited availability, depending on the employer’s needs and preferences. You might have to apply for several jobs before you land one.
- No guarantee or protection. HireMyMom.com does not guarantee that you will find a job or get paid. You are responsible for negotiating the terms and conditions of the job with the employer, as well as invoicing and collecting your payment. HireMyMom.com does not offer any protection or dispute resolution in case of problems or issues with the employer.
What are the reviews and complaints from real users?
To get a better idea of what it’s like to use HireMyMom.com, I looked at some of the reviews and complaints from real users. I found some positive and negative feedback from different sources, such as:
Here are some of the common themes and sentiments that I noticed from the reviews and complaints:
- Many users praised HireMyMom.com for helping them find remote jobs that fit their lifestyle and goals. They said that the jobs were high-quality, diverse, and well-paid. They also appreciated the support and guidance from the HireMyMom.com team and community.
- Some users shared their success stories and testimonials of how HireMyMom.com changed their lives. They said that they were able to work from home, earn income, and spend more time with their families. They also said that they gained confidence, skills, and opportunities from working remotely.
- Some users recommended HireMyMom.com to other moms who are looking for flexible and rewarding work-from-home jobs. They said that HireMyMom.com was worth the investment and that it was the best website for moms who want to work from home.
- Some users complained about the membership fee and the lack of a free trial or refund policy. They said that the fee was too high and that they didn’t get enough value or results from the membership. They also said that they felt misled or trapped by the fee and that they wanted to cancel or get their money back.
- Some users complained about the competition and the availability of the jobs. They said that the jobs were too few, too hard, or too specific. They also said that they applied for many jobs but never heard back or got rejected. They said that they felt frustrated and discouraged by the job search process.
- Some users complained about the employers and the payment issues. They said that some employers were rude, unprofessional, or dishonest. They also said that some employers didn’t pay them on time, didn’t pay them at all, or paid them less than agreed. They said that they felt cheated and exploited by the employers.
Is HireMyMom.com legit or scam?
However, that doesn’t mean that HireMyMom.com is perfect or risk-free. HireMyMom.com has some drawbacks and limitations, such as the membership fee, the competition, and the lack of guarantee or protection. HireMyMom.com is not a magic bullet or a get-rich-quick scheme. It is a tool and a resource that you have to use wisely and carefully.
What are some alternatives to HireMyMom.com?
If you’re not sure if HireMyMom.com is right for you, or if you want to explore other options, here are some alternatives to HireMyMom.com that you can check out:
- FlexJobs. FlexJobs is a website that specializes in flexible and remote jobs. It offers a similar service to HireMyMom.com, but with more features and benefits. FlexJobs has over 50,000 job listings in over 100 categories, from entry-level to executive. FlexJobs also offers career coaching, resume review, skills tests, and webinars. FlexJobs charges a monthly, quarterly, or yearly membership fee, ranging from $14.95 to $49.95. However, it also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a free trial with limited access.
- Mommy Jobs Online. Mommy Jobs Online is a website that focuses on work-from-home jobs for moms. It offers a variety of job categories, such as data entry, transcription, customer service, medical coding, and more. Mommy Jobs Online charges a one-time registration fee of $85, which gives you lifetime access to the job listings and other features. However, it does not offer any refund or guarantee.
- The Mom Project. The Mom Project is a website that connects moms with career opportunities that fit their needs and goals. It offers jobs in various fields and industries, such as marketing, finance, engineering, and more. The Mom Project also offers career coaching, networking, and community support. The Mom Project is free to join and use, but it does not offer any protection or dispute resolution.
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about HireMyMom.com:
Q: How do I join HireMyMom.com?