Ghana boasts a variety of telecommunications services, with AirtelTigo standing out as one of the most widely used networks.
If you’re a user of AirtelTigo, there may come a time when you’re interested in checking your data usage and the remaining balance. That’s why we’ve compiled this article to guide you through the step-by-step process. Without further ado, let’s delve into today’s information.
AirtelTigo, a telecommunications giant in Ghana, boasts a subscriber base of over 10 million. This telecom powerhouse was born from the merger of Airtel and Tigo, two major mobile network operators, in 2017. The merger aimed to capitalize on Airtel’s customer base and Tigo’s robust network infrastructure, establishing them as key players in the Ghanaian market.
Their services encompassed mobile voice and data services, mobile money solutions, and enterprise offerings. However, AirtelTigo faced operational and financial challenges in 2020, leading to discussions about its future. Eventually, a decision was made to exit the Ghanaian market.
In a turn of events in 2021, the Ghanaian government stepped in, acquiring AirtelTigo’s assets and operations and transferring them to the Ghana National Communications Authority (GNCA). This transition aimed to ensure the continuous provision of telecom services and safeguard the interests of customers and employees.
How to Check Your Data Balance on AirtelTigo
To inquire about your data balance on AirtelTigo, you typically have several options:
1. Dial *124# and press the call button. You will receive a message displaying your remaining data balance.
2. Send an SMS with the message “BAL” to the short code 533.
3. Download the AirtelTigo self-care app from your preferred app store, log in, and you’ll be able to check your data balance there.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Verify Your Data Balance on the AirtelTigo App
Here’s a detailed guide for checking your data balance on AirtelTigo using the app:
Step 1: Download and Install the AirtelTigo App
– Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
– Search for “AirtelTigo” in the search bar.
– Find the official AirtelTigo app in the search results and tap on it.
– Tap the “Install” button to download and install the app on your device.
Step 2: Log In or Sign Up
– Open the AirtelTigo app by tapping its icon on your app drawer or home screen.
– If you have an existing account, tap “Log In” and enter your registered AirtelTigo phone number and password.
– For new users, tap “Sign Up” or “Register” and follow the prompts to create a new account.
Step 3: Access Your Account Dashboard
– After logging in, you’ll be directed to the app’s main dashboard or home screen.
– Look for a menu icon (usually represented by three horizontal lines) in the top-left or top-right corner of the screen.
Step 4: Check Your Data Balance
– Tap the menu icon to open the app’s navigation menu.
– From the menu, select “Data Balance,” “Usage,” or a similar option related to your data usage.
Step 5: View Remaining Data
– The app should now display your remaining data balance, along with information about validity and other usage details.
– If you’re on a specific plan, it might also show details about plan-specific data allocation.
Bonus: AirtelTigo Service Shortcodes
|*533#||Unlimited voice packages|
|*110#||For AirtelTigo money|
|*111#||To bundle data|
|*134*xxxxxxxxx#||Recharge airtime using scratch card|
|*124#||Check airtime balance|
|*504#||To check bonus & data bundle|
|100||Customer care call center|
|*703#||Check your number|
|*588#||Borrow airtime if your SIM is Tigo|
|*130#||Borrow airtime if your SIM is Airtel|
|*589#||Borrow data if your SIM is Tigo|
|*554#||Borrow data if your SIM is Airtel|
|STOP to 6060||Unsubscribe from a Caller Ring Back Tone (CRBT)|
|*567#||AirtelTigo Fuse bundles|
|*100#||Manage paid subscriptions|
|02xxxxxxxx Simbox to 419||Report SIM-Box fraud|
|*400#||To know if your number is registered|
|PORT to 600||Number portability|
monitoring your AirtelTigo data balance is a simple process that promotes efficient data usage. Whether you choose to use the USSD code *124# or the AirtelTigo app, both methods provide swift access to crucial information regarding your remaining data and its validity period.
While online data balance checks are not available, these established methods offer convenience and ease of use. Whether through USSD codes or mobile applications, staying well-informed about your AirtelTigo data balance empowers you to have control over your data consumption.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is there a fee associated with checking my data balance using the USSD code?
Typically, checking your data balance with *124# is free of charge on AirtelTigo, but it’s advisable to verify this with your service provider for confirmation.
2. How frequently should I check my data balance?
It’s advisable to make a habit of checking your AirtelTigo data balance regularly, especially after engaging in heavy usage or downloading large files. This helps you stay informed about your remaining data allocation.
3. What should I do if I encounter difficulties checking my data balance?
If you encounter challenges checking your data balance via *124#, ensure that you have adequate network coverage. If the issue persists, don’t hesitate to reach out to AirtelTigo’s customer support for assistance.