If you’re looking for a background check service, you might have come across Infotracer. Infotracer is a website that claims to provide access to billions of public records, such as criminal records, court records, phone records, social media profiles, and more. But is Infotracer legit or scam? How reliable and accurate are its reports? And how does it compare to other background check services?
In this article, I will answer these questions and more, based on my own experience and research. I will also share some tips on how to use Infotracer effectively and safely. Let’s get started!
What is Infotracer?
Infotracer is a background check service that allows you to search for anyone in the United States using their name, phone number, email address, or vehicle identification number (VIN). You can also search for specific types of records, such as criminal records, court records, marriage records, divorce records, property records, and more.
Infotracer claims to have access to over 43 billion public records from thousands of sources, including federal, state, and local databases. It also claims to update its data regularly and use advanced technology to ensure accuracy and security.
Infotracer is owned and operated by Accucom Corporation, a company based in Florida. According to its website, Accucom Corporation has been in business since 2003 and is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A+ rating.
How does Infotracer work?
To use Infotracer, you need to create an account and choose a subscription plan. Infotracer offers two types of plans: monthly and yearly. The monthly plan costs $19.95 per month and gives you unlimited access to all records and reports. The yearly plan costs $99.95 per year and gives you the same benefits as the monthly plan, but at a lower cost per month.
Once you have a subscription, you can start searching for anyone using the search bar on the homepage. You can enter the person’s name, phone number, email address, or VIN, and Infotracer will scan its databases and show you a list of possible matches. You can then select the person you’re looking for and view their report.
A typical report from Infotracer includes the following information:
- Personal information: name, aliases, age, date of birth, gender, race, current and past addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, social media profiles, relatives, associates, neighbors, etc.
- Criminal records: arrests, charges, convictions, sentences, mugshots, warrants, sex offender status, etc.
- Court records: civil cases, judgments, liens, bankruptcies, foreclosures, evictions, etc.
- Marriage records: marriage date, location, spouse’s name, etc.
- Divorce records: divorce date, location, spouse’s name, etc.
- Property records: property address, owner’s name, purchase date, price, value, taxes, mortgages, deeds, etc.
- Vehicle records: VIN, make, model, year, color, registration, title, accidents, recalls, etc.
You can download, print, or share the report with others. You can also access your previous searches and reports from your account dashboard.
Is Infotracer legit or scam?
Infotracer is a legit background check service that provides access to public records. It is not a scam, as it does not charge you for anything without your consent, and it does not provide false or misleading information.
However, that does not mean that Infotracer is perfect or flawless. Like any other background check service, Infotracer has some limitations and drawbacks that you should be aware of before using it. Here are some of them:
Infotracer is not a consumer reporting agency, as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA):
- This means that you cannot use Infotracer for any purpose that requires FCRA compliance, such as employment screening, tenant screening, credit checks, insurance, scholarships, etc. Doing so could result in legal consequences for you and Infotracer.
Infotracer does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of its data:
- The data that Infotracer provides comes from various public and private sources, which may have errors, omissions, or delays in updating. Therefore, you should always verify the information that you get from Infotracer with other sources before making any decisions or taking any actions based on it.
Infotracer does not provide customer support by phone:
- The only way to contact Infotracer is by email or by filling out a form on its website. This can be frustrating if you have any questions, issues, or complaints that need immediate attention or resolution.
Infotracer does not offer a free trial or a money-back guarantee:
- The only way to test Infotracer is by paying for a subscription. If you’re not satisfied with the service, you can cancel your subscription at any time, but you will not get a refund for the unused portion of your plan.
How to use Infotracer effectively and safely?
Infotracer can be a useful tool for finding information about people, but you need to use it responsibly and ethically. Here are some tips on how to use Infotracer effectively and safely:
Use Infotracer for personal, informational, or entertainment purposes only:
- Do not use Infotracer for any purpose that violates the FCRA or any other laws or regulations. Do not use Infotracer to harass, stalk, threaten, or harm anyone. Do not use Infotracer to impersonate, defame, or blackmail anyone. Do not use Infotracer to access or disclose anyone’s sensitive or confidential information, such as financial, medical, or educational records.
Respect the privacy and rights of others:
- Do not share or publish anyone’s personal information without their consent. Do not use anyone’s personal information for malicious or fraudulent purposes. Do not contact anyone without their permission or interest. Do not invade anyone’s personal space or property. Do not violate anyone’s intellectual property rights, such as trademarks, copyrights, or patents.
Protect your own privacy and security:
- Do not share your Infotracer account or password with anyone. Do not use Infotracer on public or unsecured devices or networks. Do not click on any links or download any files from unknown or suspicious sources. Do not provide any personal or financial information to anyone who claims to be from Infotracer or any other company. Do not fall for any scams or phishing attempts that may target you as an Infotracer user.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Infotracer and their answers:
Q: How can I cancel my Infotracer subscription?
- A: You can cancel your Infotracer subscription at any time by logging into your account, going to the “My Account” page, and clicking on the “Cancel Subscription” button. You will receive a confirmation email once your cancellation is processed. You will still have access to Infotracer until the end of your current billing cycle, after which your subscription will not renew.
Q: How can I delete my Infotracer account?
- A: You can delete your Infotracer account by contacting Infotracer’s customer support team by email at [email protected] or by filling out a form on its website. You will need to provide your name, email address, and account number. You will receive a confirmation email once your account deletion is processed. Deleting your account will remove all your personal information, searches, and reports from Infotracer’s system.
Q: How can I opt out of Infotracer?
- A: You can opt out of Infotracer by requesting to remove your personal information from its databases. You can do this by visiting Infotracer’s opt-out page and entering your name and state. You will then see a list of records that match your criteria. You can select the records that belong to you and click on the “Opt Out” button. You will need to provide a valid email address and verify your identity by uploading a copy of your driver’s license or state ID. You will receive a confirmation email once your opt-out request is processed. It may take up to 48 hours for your information to be removed from Infotracer’s databases.
Q: How can I contact Infotracer?
- A: You can contact Infotracer by email at [email protected] or by filling out a form on its website. You can also follow Infotracer on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for updates and news.
Q: How can I get more information about Infotracer?
That’s it for the first part of the article. Stay tuned for the next part, where I will compare Infotracer to other background check services and give you my final verdict on whether Infotracer is worth it or not. Thanks for reading! ?