If you are looking for a website that sells tech gadgets at affordable prices, you might have come across Tech4us.shop. This online store claims to offer a wide range of products, such as laptops, smartphones, cameras, drones, smartwatches, and more. But before you place your order, you might be wondering: is Tech4us legit or scam? How reliable is this website? What are the customer reviews? In this blog post, I will answer these questions and give you the full info on Tech4us.shop.
What is Tech4us.shop?
Tech4us.shop is an online store that sells tech gadgets and accessories. According to its website, it was founded in 2021 and is based in the United States. It claims to have warehouses in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia, and to ship worldwide. It also claims to offer free shipping, 30-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 customer service.
Is Tech4us.shop Legit or Scam?
To determine if Tech4us.shop is legit or scam, I looked at several factors, such as the domain name, the website design, the product quality, the prices, the payment methods, the shipping policy, the return policy, the customer service, and the customer reviews. Here is what I found:
- Domain name: Tech4us.shop was registered on November 11, 2023, which means it is a very new website. This is a red flag, as many scam websites are created recently and disappear quickly. Moreover, the domain name does not match the website name, which is another sign of inconsistency and unprofessionalism.
- Product quality: Tech4us.shop sells tech gadgets from various brands, such as Apple, Samsung, Sony, Huawei, and more. However, there is no evidence that these products are authentic, original, or new. In fact, some of the products have suspiciously low prices, which suggests that they are either fake, refurbished, or stolen. For example, Tech4us.shop sells the iPhone 13 Pro Max for $699, while the official Apple website sells it for $1,099. This is too good to be true, and likely a scam.
- Prices: Tech4us.shop offers discounts on almost all of its products, ranging from 30% to 70%. While this might seem attractive, it is actually a common tactic used by scam websites to lure customers into buying their products. Moreover, Tech4us.shop does not provide any explanation for why its prices are so low, or how it can afford to offer such discounts. This raises doubts about the legitimacy and credibility of Tech4us.shop.
- Payment methods: Tech4us.shop accepts only PayPal as a payment method. This is another red flag, as PayPal is often used by scammers to avoid chargebacks and refunds. Moreover, Tech4us.shop does not have a secure checkout page, which means that your personal and financial information might be at risk of being stolen or hacked. A legitimate website should have a secure checkout page, with a padlock icon and a HTTPS protocol in the address bar.
- Shipping policy: Tech4us.shop claims to offer free shipping worldwide, and to deliver the products within 7 to 15 days. However, there is no tracking information or confirmation email provided after placing an order. This makes it impossible to track the status of your order, or to contact the seller in case of any issues. Moreover, some customers have reported that they never received their orders, or that they received wrong or damaged products.
- Return policy: Tech4us.shop claims to offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, and to accept returns for any reason. However, there is no clear or detailed information on how to initiate a return, or what the conditions and exceptions are. Moreover, some customers have reported that they were unable to return their products, or that they did not receive a refund. Some customers also reported that they were asked to pay for the return shipping costs, or that they were offered only a partial refund.
- Customer service: Tech4us.shop claims to offer 24/7 customer service, and to respond to any inquiries within 24 hours. However, there is no phone number, email address, or live chat option provided on the website. The only way to contact Tech4us.shop is through a contact form, which does not guarantee a response. Moreover, some customers have reported that they did not receive any reply from Tech4us.shop, or that they received rude or unhelpful responses.
- Customer reviews: Tech4us.shop has very few customer reviews, and most of them are negative. Customers have complained about the product quality, the delivery time, the return policy, the customer service, and the overall experience. Some customers have also warned others not to buy from Tech4us.shop, and to report it as a scam. You can see some of the customer reviews below:
“I ordered a laptop from Tech4us.shop and it never arrived. I tried to contact them but they did not reply. I contacted PayPal and they said they could not help me because it was more than 180 days since I placed the order. I lost $500 and I am very angry. Do not buy from Tech4us.shop, they are scammers.” – John, USA
“I ordered a camera from Tech4us.shop and I received a broken toy instead. I contacted them and they said they would send me a replacement, but they never did. I asked for a refund, but they refused. They said I had to pay for the return shipping, and that they would only give me a 10% refund. This is ridiculous. Tech4us.shop is a scam, do not trust them.” – Lisa, UK
“I ordered a smartphone from Tech4us.shop and I received a fake one. It did not work properly, and it had a different logo and model number. I contacted them and they said they would not accept a return, because I had opened the package. They said I should have checked the product before opening it. This is absurd. Tech4us.shop is a fraud, stay away from them.” – Ali, UAE
Based on these factors, I conclude that Tech4us.shop is a scam website, and that you should not buy anything from it. Tech4us.shop is not legit, reliable, or trustworthy. It is a website that sells fake, refurbished, or stolen products, and that does not deliver, refund, or respond to its customers. Tech4us.shop is a website that you should avoid at all costs.
How to Protect Yourself from Online Shopping Scams?
Online shopping scams are very common and can cost you a lot of money, time, and frustration. To protect yourself from online shopping scams, you should follow these tips:
- Do your research: Before buying anything online, you should do some research on the website, the seller, and the product. You should check the domain name, the website design, the contact details, the policies, and the reviews. You should also compare the prices, the features, and the specifications of the product with other websites or sources. You should look for signs of legitimacy, credibility, and professionalism. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Use secure payment methods: When paying online, you should use secure payment methods, such as credit cards, debit cards, or trusted online platforms, such as PayPal, Stripe, or Apple Pay. You should avoid using cash, wire transfers, gift cards, or cryptocurrencies, as these are often used by scammers and are difficult to trace or recover. You should also look for a secure checkout page, with a padlock icon and a HTTPS protocol in the address bar.
- Track your order: After placing your order, you should track your order and confirm its delivery. You should receive a tracking number, a confirmation email, and a receipt from the seller. You should also check the status of your order regularly, and contact the seller or the courier if there are any delays or issues. You should also keep a record of your order details, such as the order number, the product name, the price, the date, and the seller’s information.
- Check your product: When you receive your product, you should check your product carefully and make sure it matches the description, the features, and the specifications. You should also test the product and make sure it works properly and safely. If you are not satisfied with your product, or if you receive a wrong or damaged product, you should contact the seller immediately and request a return or a refund. You should also report the problem to the payment platform or the credit card company, and ask for a chargeback if necessary.
- Report the scam: If you are a victim of an online shopping scam, you should report the scam to the relevant authorities, such as the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Better Business Bureau (BBB), or the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). You should also warn others about the scam, and leave a negative review on the website, the social media, or the online forums.