Two male and female students of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, were found dead in a room at a private hostel located at William’s Lodge, on Sunday, February 20.
The decayed bodies of the students were discovered after the parents of the female student identified as Adaeze filed a report to the police after calling her phone for days without any response.
Adaeze’s parents in company with the security operatives stormed the hostel to check on her, but they met her door tightly locked. On forcing the door open, they found the two students lying dead in the room.
Spokesperson of the State Police Command, DSP Ikenga Tochukwu, who confirmed the incident said the student died from carbon monoxide poisoning from generator fumes but the result of an autopsy will confirm the cause of death.