Are you planning to take the West African Senior School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE) in 2024? If yes, then you might be wondering when the registration for the exam will start, how much it will cost, and what are the requirements. Well, you’re in luck, because in this blog post, I’ll answer all these questions and more.
What is WAEC?
WAEC stands for West African Examinations Council, which is an organization that conducts standardized tests for students in West African countries, such as Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and The Gambia. WAEC offers two types of exams: the WASSCE for School Candidates, which is taken by students in their final year of secondary school, and the WASSCE for Private Candidates, which is taken by anyone who wants to improve their grades or qualify for higher education.
When is WAEC Registration for 2024 Starting?
The WAEC registration for 2024 depends on which type of exam you want to take. For the WASSCE for School Candidates, the registration usually starts in October of the previous year and ends in February of the exam year. For the WASSCE for Private Candidates, there are two series: the First Series, which is held in January/February, and the Second Series, which is held in August/September. The registration for the First Series usually starts in October and ends in January, while the registration for the Second Series usually starts in May and ends in July.
Here is a table that summarizes the registration dates for the different types of exams:
|Registration Start Date
|Registration End Date
|WASSCE for School Candidates
|WASSCE for Private Candidates (First Series)
|WASSCE for Private Candidates (Second Series)
How to Register for WAEC 2024?
To register for WAEC 2024, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of WAEC, www.waecdirect.org.
- Click on the “Registration” link.
- Choose the type of exam you want to take: WASSCE for School Candidates or WASSCE for Private Candidates.
- Fill in the required information, such as your name, date of birth, and other personal details.
- Upload your passport photograph and signature.
- Select your preferred examination center.
- Choose the subjects you want to register for. You can register for a minimum of seven and a maximum of nine subjects.
- Pay the registration fee online or at any designated bank. The fee varies depending on the type of exam and the number of subjects. For example, the fee for the WASSCE for School Candidates is N13,950, while the fee for the WASSCE for Private Candidates (First Series) is N25,000.
- Print out your registration slip and photo card, which will serve as your identification during the exam.
What are the Requirements for WAEC 2024?
To be eligible for WAEC 2024, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You must be a citizen of one of the West African countries that participate in the WAEC scheme.
- You must have completed or be in the final year of secondary school education.
- You must have a valid email address and phone number.
- You must have a recent passport photograph and signature in JPEG format, not exceeding 15KB and 12KB respectively.
- You must have a valid means of identification, such as a national ID card, voter’s card, driver’s license, or international passport.
Here are some frequently asked questions about WAEC 2024:
Q: When will the WAEC 2024 timetable be released?
- A: The WAEC 2024 timetable will be released a few weeks before the exam date. You can check the timetable on the WAEC website or download it as a PDF file.
Q: How can I check my WAEC 2024 result?
- A: You can check your WAEC 2024 result online or via SMS. To check online, visit the WAEC result checker portal, enter your examination number and PIN, and click on “Submit”. To check via SMS, send “WAECExamNoPIN*ExamYear” to 32327.
Q: How can I get my WAEC 2024 certificate?
- A: You can get your WAEC 2024 certificate from the WAEC office in your state or region. You will need to present your photo card and pay a fee of N3,500.
Q: What if I lose my WAEC 2024 registration slip or photo card?
- A: If you lose your WAEC 2024 registration slip or photo card, you can reprint them from the WAEC website or contact the WAEC office for assistance.
Q: What if I want to change my name, date of birth, or other details on my WAEC 2024 registration?
- A: If you want to change your name, date of birth, or other details on your WAEC 2024 registration, you will need to apply for a correction of data. You will need to provide evidence of the correct information, such as a birth certificate, court affidavit, or newspaper publication.
I hope this blog post has answered your questions about when is WAEC registration for 2024 starting. If you have any more questions, feel free to leave a comment below or contact me via email. And don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family who might be interested in taking the WAEC exam in 2024. Good luck!