Important Announcement: Registration Open for WASSCE Private Candidates 2023 – Second Series
Greetings to the general public and prospective candidates! We are excited to announce the commencement of registration for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidates, second series of 2023. This is a vital opportunity for those aiming to enhance their educational achievements. Please, take heed of the details presented below to successfully register for the 2023 GCE.
The registration window for the WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2023 – Second Series, is now open. Registration will be conducted online. To begin the process, candidates should acquire the Registration PIN and then visit www.waeconline.org.ng for registration. It’s essential to note that the registration process has been designed to incorporate biometric features for validation at the examination centers.
Access to WAEC Past Questions:
We’re pleased to inform you that all WAEC Past Questions, including both objective and theory sections, along with solutions and answers, are now accessible online. This development eliminates the need to carry numerous past question papers or books. Our extensive collection of Objective & Theory questions and answers from previous years is available, providing valuable resources to help you excel in your upcoming exams.
The standard registration period spans from Monday, July 10th, 2023 to Sunday, August 27th, 2023.
Candidates are required to make a registration payment of N18,950 only. This can be accomplished at the branches of the listed banks or any accredited agent. Upon payment, candidates will receive the Registration PIN and pertinent information on a VCD. Additionally, a commission fee of N500.00 should be paid to the banks or accredited agents.
Candidates can also utilize the cashless payment channels detailed in the new advertisement to obtain a registration token using a credit/debit card.
For those who miss the registration deadline, there’s still an option. “Walk-in-Candidates” can register as long as it’s not less than twenty-four hours prior to the scheduled exam paper. The fee for “Walk-in-Candidates” is N30,500.00 only.
Special Needs Candidates:
Candidates with specific needs are encouraged to register online just like their peers. It’s crucial for them to clearly indicate their impairments during the registration process, such as visual impairments, low vision, spasticity, speech difficulties, or hearing challenges.
Where to Register:
Candidates have multiple options for registration, including accredited banks, cyber cafes, WAEC offices, and “WAEC REGISTRATION POINTS” closest to their locations for PIN purchase and registration.
Completing the Registration:
Candidates must finalize their registration within two weeks of initially accessing the website during the registration period. Accuracy is paramount, ensuring that names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth, and selected subjects are correctly entered. The printed Admission Notice, serving as proof of successful registration, will also include the Result Checker PIN. A UareU digitalPersona fingerprint device is the approved fingerprint scanner.
– Candidates are advised to review the Information VCD before proceeding with registration.
– Note that the registration fee is non-refundable.
– Keep track of the examination timetable by regularly visiting the website.
– Passport photographs uploaded must meet specific requirements.
– Candidates should thoroughly study the examination regulations and syllabuses available for download on the WAEC website.
– Dress appropriately for the examination hall and refrain from carrying any unauthorized items.
– Results of candidates who sit the exam at multiple centers will be nullified.
– Mobile phones and electronic gadgets are prohibited in the examination hall.
– Ensure all registration entries are accurate, as the Council will not entertain amendments.
– Valid email and phone details must be provided during registration.
– Compliance with COVID-19 regulations is mandatory.
Thank you for your attention to these crucial registration details. For more information, kindly visit www.waecnigeria.org.
Patrick E. Aregan
Head of National Office