Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has assigned portfolios to the new Commissioners who were recently inaugurated as members of the Edo State Executive Council (EXCO). The governor inaugurated 15 new commissioners on June 13 and charged them with sustaining efforts to improve the livelihood of the people and ensure economic prosperity for the state.
The Secretary to the Edo State Government, Osarodion Ogie, announced the assignment of portfolios in a statement. The commissioners who retained their portfolios are Christopher Osaretin Nehikhare (Ministry of Communication and Orientation), Dr. Joan Osa-Oviawe (Ministry of Education), Isoken Omo (Ministry of Housing, Urban and Regional Planning & Development), and Stephen Ehikioya Idehenre (Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security).
The breakdown of the commissioners and their portfolios is as follows:
1. Ministry of Communication and Orientation – Christopher Osaretin Nehikhare
2. Ministry of Education – Dr. Joan Osa-Oviawe
3. Ministry of Housing, Urban and Regional Planning & Development – Isoken Omo
4. Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security – Stephen Ehikioya Idehenre
5. Ministry of Justice/Attorney General – Oluwole Osaze-Uzzi
6. Ministry of Health – Dr. Samuel Alli
7. Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs – Monday Osaigbovo
8. Ministry of Mining and Energy – Enaholo Ojiefo
9. Ministry of Arts, Culture and Tourism – Uyi Oduwa-Malaka
10. Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning – Adaze Aguele-Kalu
11. Ministry of Social Development & Gender Issues – Christabel Omoh Ekwu
12. Ministry of Business, Trade & Cooperatives – Patrick Uanseru
13. Ministry of Roads & Bridges – Ethan Osaze Uzamere
14. Ministry of Public Security and Safety – Kingsley Uwagbale
15. Ministry of Environment and Sustainability – Joshua Omokhodion
The commissioners are expected to resume their duties at their respective ministries immediately.