If you reside in a country like Nigeria, you’ve likely come across the concept of WhatsApp TV and might be interested in establishing one.
You might be unsure about how to increase your WhatsApp status views, such as finding links to share and addressing various aspects of growing your WhatsApp audience (followers). It’s important to note that WhatsApp TV isn’t officially recognized, and it can potentially lead to your phone freezing or crashing. However, there’s an alternative approach to expand your WhatsApp followers and safeguard your WhatsApp account: introducing WhatsApp Channels.
You might have noticed Telegram channels and wondered if a similar feature could be available on WhatsApp. Well, you don’t need to wonder any longer because the WhatsApp Support Team has heard your feedback and is introducing WhatsApp Channels as a feature on WhatsApp. This feature offers enhanced privacy for participants, making their phone numbers invisible to others.
Many individuals have desired a group setting that hides other members’ contact details. We’ve even created a video tutorial on how to adjust group settings to allow only admins to view other members within the group. Nevertheless, it might not have been clear to everyone.
Now, what about those who run WhatsApp TV and want to share daily updates and random information? Would you like to have something similar to a Telegram channel?
The primary reason you cannot create a WhatsApp channel might be due to its unavailability in your country. However, the good news is that WhatsApp Channels are currently accessible in multiple countries, serving both WhatsApp Channel owners and their followers.
Available WhatsApp Channels Countries Today:
WhatsApp Channels Release Date:
WhatsApp introduced the new feature, “WhatsApp Channel,” on September 13, 2023.
WhatsApp Channel Features Similar to Telegram:
If you’re curious about what WhatsApp Channel looks like, you can take a look at Telegram channels for reference. There are, however, some notable differences in WhatsApp Channels, including:
– An Enhanced Directory: This feature allows users to discover channels based on their location and sorts them by new arrivals, most activity, and popularity based on follower count.
– Reactions: Users can react to updates using emojis, and while the total count of responses is visible, individual reactions remain anonymous.
– Editability: Channel updates can be edited for up to 30 days, after which they will be automatically deleted from WhatsApp servers.
– Inclusive Forwarding: Each update includes a link to the original channel, making it easier to forward updates to chats or groups for more accessible access to information.
Creating a WhatsApp Channel in Any Country:
To create a WhatsApp channel for followers, follow these steps:
1. Log in to WhatsApp Web and click on the “Channels” icon.
2. Click “Create channel.”
3. Follow the onscreen prompts and tap “Continue.”
4. Add a channel name to complete the channel creation. You can change the name later if needed.
5. Customize your channel by adding a description and icon.
– Add a channel description to help potential followers understand your channel’s purpose.
– Include a channel icon, either from your phone or the web, to make your channel stand out.
6. Click “Create channel,” and you’re all set!
How to Obtaining Your WhatsApp Channel Link:
To find your WhatsApp channel link, follow these steps:
1. Go to “Channels” by clicking the “Channels” icon.
2. Click on your channel and then on your channel name.
3. Click “Copy link.”
This information should help you understand WhatsApp Channels and how to create and manage one.