President Bola Tinubu has designated his revenue special advisor, Zacch Adelabu, as the new interim chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
Gurustab reported that the president called upon Adedeji to assume the role left vacant due to the retiring chairman of the commission, Mohammed Nami, whose term concludes in December 2023. This information was conveyed in a statement released by President Tinubu’s media and publicity special advisor, Ajuri Ngelale, on Thursday, September 14.
Here are key details about the acting Executive Chairman of FIRS, Zacch Adedeji:
1. Zacch Adedeji was born on January 8, 1978, in Oyo State, making him 45 years old.
2. He holds a first-class degree in accounting from Obafemi Awolowo University.
3. Adedeji previously served as the Executive Secretary/CEO of the National Sugar Development Council (NSDC).
4. In 2011, at the age of 33, he was appointed as the commissioner for finance by the late Governor of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi.
5. Adedeji, a certified accountant, originates from the Iwo-Ate area of Ogo-Oluwa local government in Oyo state.
6. He led a team of fewer than 50 personnel in establishing a Medium-Term Financial (MTF) strategy for the comprehensive financial and budgetary management of Oyo state.
7. With over 15 years of experience, he has a background in corporate accounting, public service administration, and public service advisory.
8. Prior to his current appointment, Zacch Adedeji served as the Special Adviser on Revenue Matters to President Tinubu.