The Erasmus+ MSc Scholarship Program is currently accepting applications for prospective students interested in pursuing the Erasmus+ GEM Master’s joint degree program in Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Environmental Modeling and Management for the academic years 2022, 2023, and 2024.
Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship?
1. Candidates must hold a Bachelor of Science (BSc) honors degree with upper second-class (2.1) honors or its equivalent from a recognized university, in a field of study relevant to their chosen course.
2. Proficiency in English, as evidenced by a minimum average score of 6.5 on the IELTS exam.
3. Applicants who have not previously received scholarship benefits from the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
4. Individuals receiving support through the Dutch system of study grants and loans are ineligible for this scholarship.
What are the selection criteria?
1. Preference is given to students with outstanding academic records.
2. Candidates with substantial work experience in their chosen field are highly favored.
What degrees are available through this scholarship?
This scholarship program offers a joint Master of Science (MSc) degree in the Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Environmental Modeling and Management program, known as GEM. There are four available tracks within the program, including GEM for Urban-Rural Interactions, GEM for Land Use Systems, GEM for Ecosystems & Natural Resources, and GEM4 Food Security.
What are the scholarship benefits?
1. Full coverage of tuition fees.
2. Monthly living expenses (amount may vary depending on the student’s country of residence).
3. Travel and installation fees (amount may vary depending on the student’s country of residence).
What is the duration of the scholarship?
The scholarship is granted for a maximum period of twenty-four months, depending on the specific program chosen by the applicants.
How to apply?
To apply for the Erasmus+ GEM Master’s degree program in Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Environmental Modeling and Management, candidates should use the online application available on the official website. By applying for the program before the application closing date, candidates will automatically be considered for the scholarship.
How does the selection process work?
1. The selection committee reviews all application forms received before the scholarship application closing date.
2. Applicants who do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria will be promptly notified by the selection committee, even if the application deadline has not yet passed.
3. By the first of May each academic year, the selection committee will announce the chosen scholarship recipients following the final selection process, which takes place after the application deadline.
4. Selected applicants will receive a scholarship offer and must accept it as confirmation to receive the scholarship benefits.
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline for each academic year is March 15th.
1. The scholarship covers the cost of the travel fee, but the amount will not be directly transferred to recipients; instead, the coordinator will purchase the travel tickets (train/flight).
2. Living expenses may not be provided to awardees studying in their country of residence.