Prospective candidates interested in registering for the 2023 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) External are hereby advised that the registration process has commenced. Registration for this examination can be done through both offline and online methods.
To register, potential candidates should visit the Council’s website at http://www.neco.gov.ng and access the SSCE External link. They can register at any time during the specified registration period. To complete the registration, candidates can create an account, purchase their registration quota, and then proceed to a reputable cybercafé for biometric verification and finalization of the registration.
Please note the following important details:
– A recent passport-sized photograph is required for registration. The photograph should not be more than six months old and should have a white background. You can also use a system camera for photographing during registration.
– Biometric fingerprints will be captured during the offline registration process for each candidate.
– Candidates must be aware that there will be biometric verification during the examination, and any discrepancies in fingerprints will lead to consequences under existing laws.
For those preparing for the NECO GCE Exam, it is recommended to use O’level/WAEC/NECO Past Questions as study materials.
Here are some additional details:
2. Registration Website: http://www.neco.gov.ng
3. Registration Fee and Other Costs:
– Registration Fee: N17,800.00
– Four-figure Table: N500.00 per copy
– Waterproof Certificate Jacket Folder: N2,000.00 per candidate
– Additional charges may apply for Stamp Duty, Service, and Remita.
4. Payment Methods: Candidates or registration points (cyber cafes) can make payments through the following options:
– ATM Card
– Internet Banking
– Bank Branch
5. Registration Period:
– The registration period starts on September 11, 2023, and ends on November 13, 2023, at 12:00 midnight.
– Late registration (from November 14 to November 19, 2023) will incur an additional fee of N2,000.00.
– Walk-in registration is available at a cost of N28,000.00 per candidate.
6. Attestation/Photo Cards and Examination Timetable:
– After completing the registration, candidates should obtain the following from the cybercafé:
– Examination timetable
– At least one clear copy of the NECO Photo card for admission to the Examination Hall.
7. Visually Impaired Candidates:
– Visually impaired candidates should register like other candidates and indicate their disability during the offline application process.
8. Examination Centers:
– Examination centers have been grouped into neighborhoods within each State. Candidates should select a neighborhood within their State for the examination.
9. Available Subjects:
– Various subjects are available for the examination, including languages and core subjects.
Candidates should note that Nigerian Languages (Hansa, Igbo and Yoruba) include Literature component
10. General Information:
– The registration fee is non-refundable.
– Walk-in candidates can register up to six hours before their chosen subject.
– Examination center selection cannot be changed after uploading.
– Candidates or cybercafé operators should follow the SSCE External link instructions on the website carefully.
– The use of reputable cyber cafes is recommended, and candidates should verify all entries before uploading, as there is only one chance for correction.
– Rules and regulations, as well as the syllabus, should be reviewed by candidates.
– The photograph uploaded during registration will appear on certificates.
– Candidates will receive information about their examination centers at least a day before the exam.
– Prohibited items in the Examination Hall include electronic communication gadgets, smoking materials, and arms.
– Multiple registrations are not allowed, and those who do so will have their results canceled.
– Latecomers will not be allowed into the Examination Hall once the exam has begun.